Tuesday 4 October 2016

Pennies - A comic by Vanessa MacLeod


This is a short comic inspired by something that happened when my sister and I were little.  It's a story that my sister has a memory of, but honestly, I only remember being told the story by my sister, though, I feel like I can remember what the lawn looked like, the feeling of the day, the weather.  It sometimes makes me wonder what is actually a real memory, and what is just some weird distortion that my brain has come up with; kind of like a dream you might have had as a kid, but it feels like something that actually happened to you.  The older I get, the more my childhood is fading, and becoming more dream-like so it was fun to explore this story, my relationship with my sister,  and put it down into a comic.
This is for you, Jenny!









1 comment:

Etsy Shop